Updated July 22, 2020
The Health and Welfare committee continues to plan and make preparations for eventual return to services at the church. Our goal is for Harmony Grove UMC to open for in-church worship service on Sept. 13th, 2020.
There will only be one service initially on Sundays at 11am, and services will continue to be streamed via FaceBook, and posted on YouTube. Once we have been able to conduct in-church services safely and consistently, in accordance with guidelines established by the CDC and the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church, we will consider plans for adding a service at 8:30am.
When attending in-church services, all participants will enter and leave the building through the main front entrance as directed by the ushers. We ask that you move through the Narthex using social distancing, and follow the usher who will seat you and families in the sanctuary. You will be expected to follow the established procedures listed below to help protect all participants’ health and safety.
1. All attendees must wear a mask at all times properly, covering the nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
2. Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed whenever possible.
3. Avoid physical contact. (no hugging, hand shaking etc.)
4. Temperature will be taken prior to entering the building.
5. Use of hand sanitizer upon entering will be required.
6. Entry and exit into and out of sanctuary will be controlled by ushers and assigned seating must be maintained unless otherwise directed.
7. In order to protect all of our attendees, if you are unable to follow these established procedures you may be asked to leave. We encourage you to continue to attend virtually if there are factors that prevent you from following the procedures.
Please note that a nursery will not be provided. The Pew Bibles and Hymnals have been removed. Please bring your own Bible, if you so desire. During the service we will not have congregational singing to reduce the risk to all attendees.
All are invited, but we recommend that those of high risk and/or having underlying health issues are encouraged to remain at home and join us online via Facebook Live Stream or Youtube Channel.
If you do not feel well, or are not able to follow or adhere to the above instructions , please remain at home and join us online via Facebook Live Stream or Youtube Channel.
We regret the need for these restrictions, but it is for the health and well-being of everyone.
We are working on a process for you to let us know you will be attending in-church service using Sign-up Genius or through church office notification. Knowing the number of people that will be attending assists us in making sure we have the ushers and materials needed for assuring timely and safe in-church service entrance, participation, and exit.
As we begin to phase back in to having worship services in the sanctuary these procedures and requirements may change to reflect adjustments in the recommendations of the CDC and the North Georgia Conference.
Your Health and Welfare Committee
In Christ’s Love